A 100% Plant-Based, Gluten-Free and Cholesterol-Free Egg Yolk Substitute
Vegan Mexican Bean Soup Recipe
This hearty and delicious Vegan Mexican Bean Soup is ideal for cold winter nights. It's high in protein and fiber thanks to the black and kidney beans, and it's flavored with a spicy blend of spices. The corn and fresh cilantro add a nice pop of color and flavor to this soup, making it a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Combine the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix in the cumin and chili powder.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until aromatic.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, and vegetable broth in a mixing bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly.
- Mix in the corn and cilantro.
- Cook for 5 minutes more, or until thoroughly heated.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
The Friendly Vegan Cookbook
Vegan Pancake and Waffle Mix
Plantyou Vegan Living
Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture
Vegan Kimchi Pizza Recipe
Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes with Raspberries and Blueberries Recipe
Spaghetti and Mushrooms Recipe
Vegan Kidney Bean Burgers Recipe